The answer is yes if you aim to have a productive day. We’ve all seen the productive social media personalities who claim to get up at 4am, run 10 miles, journal and meditate all before most of us have even had our morning shower. As irritating as this is, there is some merit to it. Here are some changes I have made to my morning routine over the last few years that has made all the difference in my productivity and energy.
- Ditch the snooze button. I know, this is a hard one. It’s so hard to resist pressing snooze, rolling over and having another few minutes of glorious sleep. But trust me, getting out of bed when your first alarm goes off is far easier in the long run. Set one alarm and get up, don’t over think it, just do it!
- Get up earlier. I used to get out of bed leaving just enough time to shower, brush my teeth and get dressed before I raced out the door to work where I would sit for 8 hours at my desk before returning home feeling exhausted. Now I get out of bed a 6am and allow some me time in the morning.
- Exercise first thing. Before you have time to think just put on your workout clothes and move your body. Moving first thing in the morning was a huge game changer for me. Instead of feeling groggy, reaching for coffee throughout the morning to feel human, I now feel energised and ready to start my day!
- Take Feedamind. Incorporating Feedamind into my routine each morning has changed the way I work. Made with natural ingredients it gives me the edge for productivity, clarify and sharpness in my work and day to day life.
- Drink lots of water. Even before I have my morning coffee or breakfast, I make sure to drink lots of water. Grab yourself a reusable water bottle and carry it with you.
- Meditation and mindfulness. If you’re new to meditation start with just 5 minutes and build from there. You can get some great guided meditations online. This will help to set your intentions for the day ahead.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast. My current go to is coconut yoghurt (or natural dairy yoghurt) with berries and a superfood granola.
What changes will you be making to make your day more productive?